The Comet Publications: Inaugural Members
Comet #1 will be published on January 15th, 2024 and will feature the work published in the following 12 publications. These magazines were selected based on the number of times they have appeared in the collections, Poetry World #1 to #6.
Africa Poetry Magazine
Axil Poetry and Art
Canada Poetry Magazine
Dublin Poetry Magazine
Edmonton Poetry Magazine
First Nations Poetry Magazine
India Poetry Magazine
Montreal Poetry Magazine
NYC Poetry Magazine
Vancouver Poetry Magazine
The Comet Club: Membership Rewards
Comet publications each receive a contest as a reward. These contests are listed on the Submissions page and are now open. They are open exclusively to the demographic range and subject matter of each publication. As well, new visual art and photography submissions will be opened in Comet publications only. Other things as time goes on.
Comet and Poetry World Rankings
Beginning January 15th, 2024 with the publication of Comet #1 and Poetry World #8, rankings will be posted here.
Promotion and Relegation
Every year, starting on September 15th, 2024, two of the 12 Comet publications will be relegated to Poetry World. At the same time, two Poetry World publications will be promoted to Comet.
Promotion and relegation will be based on points accumulated when both collections are published on January 15th, May 15th, and September 15th.
For each collection, two aspects will be considered.
– The number of publications that appear in the collection.
– The inverse ranking of the order of publications as they appear in the collection.
How this works: Suppose 10 out of the specified 12 publications appear in Comet #1.
– The publication whose poem appears first in the collection will receive 10 points.
– The publication that is the last to make its initial appearance in the collection will receive 1 point.
– Publications that did not appear in the collection will accumulate 0 points.
– Publications will receive 1 point if they appear in all three collections.
– Publications will receive 1 point if they have more than one top three finish.
– Publications will receive an additional 1 point if two of their 'top three' finishes are First Place.
– Publications will receive 2 points if two submissions appear in a collection. (Only one publication per collection may receive these 2 points).
Results and Tie-Breaking
The two (out of 12) Comet publications with the lowest score will be relegated to Poetry World. The two Poetry World publication with the highest scores will be promoted to Comet. In the case that any number of publications are tied in points, the Editor will make the decision based on the publication's body of published work.
Protection When Relegated
Persons who make a submission during Submission period 2 (May 15th to September 14th) may be submitting to a Comet publication that ends up relegated on September 15th. If accepted for publication, the submission will still be publised in Comet. Persons who submit to a Poetry World publication during Submission period number 2 will have their submission published in Comet if that publication is promoted. Please note that visual art and photography submissions do not accumulate points.
- Visit the Wax Poetry and Art Submissions page.
- Visit the Wax Poetry and Art Library.
- This website and all contents ©Kirk Ramdath and specified artists.